About Your Guide
Brigid’s extensive experience as an educator and communicator of knowledge allied to her expert knowledge of landscapes will guarantee a truly unique experience for visitors covering a wide range of topics from smuggling to saints!
- Graduate of Queen’s University, Belfast BSSc (Hons) in Geography/History; MSSc in European Integration
- Graduate of London Southbank University MSc with distinction in Education for Sustainability
- Chartered Environmentalist
- Member of the Steering Group of Tour Guides NI
- World Host Ambassador
- Member of Genealogical Society of Ireland
- Member of the Institution of Environmental Sciences, London
- Member of the Friends of Columbanus
- Hobbies : Tennis, travel and gardening
Brigid lives with her husband Hugh on a coastal farm overlooking the Irish Sea on the outer Ards Peninsula. Over the last ten years they have grown traditional Irish varieties of potatoes and sold them at a roadside stall with an honesty box on the farm. They also have sheep and springtime is a busy season with lambing in full swing.
They have participated in several agri-environmental schemes over many years which have enhanced the biodiversity of the natural environment, increased the numbers of birds in species with declining numbers, for example, the yellowhammer (chosen as the business logo) and attracted a wider range of species.